AAT Level 2 Certificate in Accounting Syllabus
AAT Level 2 Accounting training will provide you with a basic knowledge of accounting principles and skills. At this level, your knowledge in accounting will start to develop and finance administration is your focus.
The six units you'll cover through this course, are:
- Unit 1 – Introduction to Bookkeeping
- Bonus Unit – Sage Business Cloud
- Unit 2 – Principles of Bookkeeping Controls
- Unit 3 - Principles of Costing
- Unit 4 – The Business Environment
- Unit 5 – The Business Environment Synoptic Assessment
Average course completion time – 9-12 months
These qualifications will teach you how to process payments and receipts, prepare invoices, complete bank reconciliations, and have the skills required to work effectively in the finance industry.
AAT Level 3 Diploma in Accounting Syllabus
Building on the skills and techniques you developed throughout Level 2, the AAT Level 3 Diploma in Accounting will enable you to understand and perform more complex accounting processes, such as advanced double-entry bookkeeping, implementing procedures for acquisition and disposal of non-current assets, preparing, and recording depreciation calculations, and more!
The 4 units that you’ll cover throughout this course, are:
- Unit 1 - Business Awareness
- Unit 2 – Financial Accounting: Preparing Financial Statements
- Unit 3 - Management Accounting Techniques
- Unit 4 – Tax Processes for Businesses
Average course completion time – 12-15 months
Level 4 Diploma in Professional Accounting qualification Syllabus
The Level 4 Diploma in Professional Accounting qualification comprises three mandatory units: an assessment, and a choice of five optional units. You’ll need to complete all the mandatory units and two of the five optional units, to complete the course. The assessment fees are not included in the cost of the course.
It’s best to complete the mandatory units first, before deciding which optional units you'll want to study.
We include the study text so that you have everything you need to study, including exam revision kits so that you can test yourself at home and be sure you’re fully prepared for the exam.
This training package includes official Kaplan hard copy books, and additional resources to help you throughout your studies, including Pocket Notes, LRP paper (mock paper), integrated workbooks, question bank, and more!
As this course is delivered via textbook, your course will not expire, meaning you can take the exams when you’re ready.
- Mandatory Unit 1- Applied Management Accounting
- Mandatory Unit 2 - Drafting and interpreting Financial Statements
- Mandatory Unit 3- Internal Accounting Systems and Controls
- Optional Unit 1 - Business Tax
- Optional Unit 2 - Personal Tax
- Optional Unit 3 - Audit and Assurance
- Optional Unit 4 - Cash and Financial Management
- Optional Unit 5 - Credit and Debt Management
Average course completion time – 15-18 months
AAT Level 2 Certificate in Accounting Exam Details
Your personal AAT tutor will run your live online classes so that you get the benefits of learning in a college class without leaving your home. Live online classes cover revision sessions and practice papers on the units you need to pass your exams.
There are four exams in total - 3 computer-based exams and 1 Synoptic Assessment.
- Introduction to Bookkeeping
- Principles of Bookkeeping Controls
- Principles of Costing
- The Business Environment
When you are ready to take your assessments, you need to book your exam at an AAT approved assessment venue. We can help find the closest one to you. Exam fees vary from centre to centre.
Exam fees are not included in the course cost.
AAT Level 3 Diploma in Accounting Exam Details
There are 4 computer-based exams in total for AAT Level 3, which will need to be taken at your local AAT test centre.
- Business Awareness
- Financial Accounting: Preparing Financial Statements
- Management Accounting Techniques
- Tax Processes for Businesses
The exam format includes multiple-choice questions, selecting answers from a drop-down menu and typing numbers and text into form fields.
AAT Level 4 Diploma in Accounting Assessment Details
- Applied Management Accounting
- Drafting and interpreting Financial Statements
- Internal Accounting Systems and Controls
- Business Tax
- Personal Tax
- Audit and Assurance
- Cash and Financial Management
- Credit and Debt Management
Questions include multiple-choice, selecting answers from a drop-down menu and typing numbers into form fields.
Membership is not included in this course but will be required to sit exams. As an AAT member, you will benefit from:
- Access to AAT learning portal
- Helplines to support you throughout your career
- Free events
- Discussion forums
- Exclusive networking events
- And more…
We’re proud to have achieved some of the highest pass marks in the UK.
e-Careers pass rates
- AAT Level 2 is 91.2%, National average is 85%
- AAT Level 3 is 87.6%, National average is 75%
- AAT Level 4 is 82.2%, National Average is 68.8%
AAT Exams Update - COVID-19
Covid restrictions for England and Wales have now been removed. Please check with your local exam centre for advice on COVID-19 processes.
TOTUM PRO Card
What is the TOTUM PRO Card?
This training package is eligible for the TOTUM PRO Card, which offers discounts in a wide range of shops and websites, helping you get money off food, holidays and flights, clothes,